So I mentioned in the past that I was the active mommy, doing boxing, bikram, running, you name it- but couldn’t lose weight. Finally, mid of December, I re-assessed my plans. This is the new design of my journey to weight loss for 2012:
1. Get a personal trainer
2. Do cardio 45 mins to an hr 3 times a week
3. Strength training/muscle building 3x a week (with the trainer)
4. Reduce white carbs – white bread, white rice, pastries ( I do this only weekdays) I cheat during weekends.
5. Take a fat burner supplement – Oxyelite pro – the best fat burner so far which I will review in another post. This is available via Philippine supplements and Supplement Hub. Both of which you can order online in the Philippines and delivered at your doorstep, COD.
To expound even further:
1. Getting a personal trainer- Well, I knew I was spending so much money enrolling myself to boxing, bikram and all that so I finally checked out this gym 4 blocks away from my house. The name is DNK Gym. It’s been around for more than a decade and the equipment used are above standards, with 3 treadmills, 2 cross trainer and 2 stationary bikes. I assessed the trainers who worked there, and got myself the most helpful (in my opinion during my first wks) guy- his name is Warren. The cost is 3k for 10 sessions. I also enrolled for 1 yr which I got at a very good deal (group enrollment with other people) at 8k. Breakdown:
GYM unlimited usage per month – Php 666.66
Trainer per session (1hr)- Php 300.00
Monthly cost : Php 3666.00
2. Do cardio 45 mins to an hr 3 times a week – I know, I know, I hated to run for more than 15 mins. It bores me to death. I think of work stuff and get irritated. However, with me watching TV in front of the treadmill (that’s how it’s set up in DNK), I lose track of time. This is how I do my 45 min cardio:
5 minutes warm up- walking at 3.5 kph to 5 kph
repeat 5 times: 30 minutes
5 minutes jogging at 7 kph
1 minute- recover 5 kph walking
5 minutes running at 7 kph inclined at 3.5
5 minutes cool down
3. Strength training/muscle building 3x a week (with the trainer) – my trainer is unpredictable. Sometimes he makes me do circuit training, weight training, resistance. I will discuss this further in another post.
4. Reduce white carbs- actually helped when taking Oxyelite Pro (discussed in another post). During weekdays (M-F), I do not eat rice which is a must have on all meals if your pinoy. I eliminated pastries and white bread as well.
As soon as awake- coffee
1 glass of water
Oxyelite 1 pill
Drive to work
Mocha frap grande non-fat
Wheat biscuit (2)
water every hr until I have finished 1 liter by noon.
Lunch- whole grain wheat bread with tuna, light mayo, pepper and salt. Some days chicken, some days sardines in whole wheat bread. I would bring 2 sandwiches but would only eat 1 at lunch.
water – around 500 ml until 3pm
Eat the remaining sandwich before going home
Water again before workout. Sometimes I drink coffee before workout.
2 hrs workout (M-W-F) – 30 mins cardio, 1.5 hrs weight training
Nightime- boiled eggs (2)
5. Take a fat burner supplement – check out my review on OXYELITE PRO
Starting weight in Dec 15, 2011 – 144 lbs
Body Fat % 36%
February 13, 2011 weigh in: 134.5 lbs
Body Fat % 29.3%