Been a while and will be posting some experiences I’ve beeb having doing pole dance.
So I came across Oxyelite pro by mere accident when I ordered Gaspari Mitotropin from Phil Supplements and returned it back. I had issues with the cracked pills and the smell so they happily wanted to return my money back but chose to try another product. I looked their website and saw OEP. Read reviews and as soon as I got feedback that you will not feel the chill, or light headedness, I asked for them to deliver it asap.
OEP is not the first FB that I’ve used in my life. I’ve tried RIPPED FUEL, Lipo Black for Her, Hydroxycut– all of which, I had that light headedness, jittery feeling and dry throat…. SO I was kinda excited for Oxyelite Pro given the positive reviews of elite athletes and body builders.
First day – I didn’t drink as much coffee. I only drank 1 decaf in the morning and took the pill. I was alert. I didn’t feel like eating. I was just conscious of my water intake so I drank as much water as I can….
4th day onwards- I was taking OEP twice- one in the morning and mid day. I was able to drink my normal coffee per day and was fine. All through out the 8 weeks, OEP was great. I was seeing the scales move down. I had energy. It helped me lose the 10 lbs by the appetite suppression it gives. It also alleviated my mood.
Mood was great
Appetite was suppressed
Energy high in the morning
Aided in my 10 lbs loss
Value for your money – Php2400 for 9 capsules
I had acne breakouts. I had very clear skin but I had 2 breakouts on my face, chest and numerous at the back. I am medicating it with benzoyl peroxide and cleaning the area as much as I can.
I had energy crashes. Work out time, I would crash half way. At home, I slept like a baby, too tired.
Can’t mix it with cold medicine- I had colds for 3 days during the 8 weeks and the first day I took Neozep no drowse, I felt wired. Not good to mix at all as stated in the bottle.
Overall, I’d give OEP 8.5 rating as this fat burner works with minimal side effects!!
So I mentioned in the past that I was the active mommy, doing boxing, bikram, running, you name it- but couldn’t lose weight. Finally, mid of December, I re-assessed my plans. This is the new design of my journey to weight loss for 2012:
1. Get a personal trainer
2. Do cardio 45 mins to an hr 3 times a week
3. Strength training/muscle building 3x a week (with the trainer)
4. Reduce white carbs – white bread, white rice, pastries ( I do this only weekdays) I cheat during weekends.
5. Take a fat burner supplement – Oxyelite pro – the best fat burner so far which I will review in another post. This is available via Philippine supplements and Supplement Hub. Both of which you can order online in the Philippines and delivered at your doorstep, COD.
To expound even further:
1. Getting a personal trainer- Well, I knew I was spending so much money enrolling myself to boxing, bikram and all that so I finally checked out this gym 4 blocks away from my house. The name is DNK Gym. It’s been around for more than a decade and the equipment used are above standards, with 3 treadmills, 2 cross trainer and 2 stationary bikes. I assessed the trainers who worked there, and got myself the most helpful (in my opinion during my first wks) guy- his name is Warren. The cost is 3k for 10 sessions. I also enrolled for 1 yr which I got at a very good deal (group enrollment with other people) at 8k. Breakdown:
GYM unlimited usage per month – Php 666.66
Trainer per session (1hr)- Php 300.00
Monthly cost : Php 3666.00
2. Do cardio 45 mins to an hr 3 times a week – I know, I know, I hated to run for more than 15 mins. It bores me to death. I think of work stuff and get irritated. However, with me watching TV in front of the treadmill (that’s how it’s set up in DNK), I lose track of time. This is how I do my 45 min cardio:
5 minutes warm up- walking at 3.5 kph to 5 kph
repeat 5 times: 30 minutes
5 minutes jogging at 7 kph
1 minute- recover 5 kph walking
5 minutes running at 7 kph inclined at 3.5
5 minutes cool down
3. Strength training/muscle building 3x a week (with the trainer) – my trainer is unpredictable. Sometimes he makes me do circuit training, weight training, resistance. I will discuss this further in another post.
4. Reduce white carbs- actually helped when taking Oxyelite Pro (discussed in another post). During weekdays (M-F), I do not eat rice which is a must have on all meals if your pinoy. I eliminated pastries and white bread as well.
As soon as awake- coffee
1 glass of water
Oxyelite 1 pill
Drive to work
Mocha frap grande non-fat
Wheat biscuit (2)
water every hr until I have finished 1 liter by noon.
Lunch- whole grain wheat bread with tuna, light mayo, pepper and salt. Some days chicken, some days sardines in whole wheat bread. I would bring 2 sandwiches but would only eat 1 at lunch.
water – around 500 ml until 3pm
Eat the remaining sandwich before going home
Water again before workout. Sometimes I drink coffee before workout.
2 hrs workout (M-W-F) – 30 mins cardio, 1.5 hrs weight training
Nightime- boiled eggs (2)
5. Take a fat burner supplement – check out my review on OXYELITE PRO
Starting weight in Dec 15, 2011 – 144 lbs
Body Fat % 36%
February 13, 2011 weigh in: 134.5 lbs
Body Fat % 29.3%
So I lost 2.5 lbs in 2 weeks and ver excited on my new experiment. I stopped counting calories. It just wont mix with my daily life. Work is too busy, raising 4 kids, cooking during weekends- so I stopped stressing on what I put in my mouth. I just make sure that I pacify my sweet cravings only once a week or if I do get into temptation, I work out harder which in turn makes me regret eating calorie overload so I learn.
Anyways, I track daily workouts on a calendar I see all the time. So I have on my cork board in my room and one at work. I am mixing bikram yoga now with gym (cardio and weights) and I see tractions!!!
I’m very excited about the coming weeks and can’t wait to weigh next Tuesday!
There’s a new and exciting yoga studio right at the heart of the Fort. Yoga+. Yoga + was founded by 7 friends with passion for YOGA aiming to provide yoga as a fitness for everyone.
The studio is located at the 11th floor of the Legend Towers. The facilities are amazing boasting that you only need to come in your yoga attire and water bottle. They provide you with manduka yoga mats, towels and alkaline water.
Here are some of the pictures from their website YOGA+
If you’re one of those regularly exercising: running, walking, boxing, spinning, biking, etc on a daily basis yet not losing weight- welcome to the CLUB. In the next 30 days, I will try to experiment if it’s true that over exercising leads to plateau reaction of the body resulting to NO WEIGHT loss. For the next 30 days, I will try to only do 4 times per week of either BIKRAM or Boxing. More to come…
Finally, I have buddies from work who will do a 50 days til the Xmas Party challenge with me. Donna and Gina agreed to take the challenge (not necessarily the same kind or length) with details below:
1. Donna and myself – no chocolates for the next 30 days (what did I get myself into!)
2. Gina – no rice in the next 30 days
3. Myself- 1 cup of coffee only per day in the next 30 days
SO the challenge starts tomorrow – so we will see how it goes…. I am still contemplating if I should sign up for an unlimited 1 month BIKRAM YOGA due to 2 things:
1. I don’t know if I can do it daily….
2. I don’t know if I will miss boxing or martial arts…
I am scheduled to do Bikram at 930am tomorrow. I’d probably sign up but need to commit to do this daily. If only I’m a commitment type of person… NYAK. Well, I’ll take it one step at a time and will make sure to not make any excuses as much as possible so wish me luck!
1. Bikram Yoga Manila – first officially sanctioned Bikram in Manila. Two studios located in Makati and Quezon City.
5/F CKB Centrre
203 Tomas Morato Ave.
Telephone Nos.(+63 2) 376-4632 or 415 – 8910
15/F, 88 Corporate Center
141 Valero Street corner Sedeño Streets
Salcedo Village, Makati City 1227
46 Maamo St.
1101 Metro Manila
Pulang Lupa, Las Piñas
Tel.: 02 924 6068
Mobile: 0929 541 9501
3. Yoga Manila -Dedicated to the study and practice of yoga, we offer classes (Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Gentle Yoga, Pre-Post Natal Yoga, Slow Flow, Vinyasa and Yoga Ed Kids), courses and workshops. Studios: Alabang, Rockwell, Makati, Greenhills.
4. Iyengar Yoga – The Iyengar Yoga Center Manila is a space dedicated to the practice and methods of our Guru, BKS Iyengar.
21/F LKG Tower, Ayala Ave. Makati City
For further inquiries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at (02)753-4495 or (0917) 535-9711.
5. Pulse Yoga – The benefits of yoga are determined by our dedication to practice and our expectations. Many people are attracted to yoga practice initially for the physical benefits, which are innumerable, but realize over time that yoga has improved their lives. For those seeking exercise or stress relief, there is nothing better than yoga.
pulse studio greenhills
23 Florida Street, Greenhills
1501 Mandaluyong City, Philippines
pulse studio makati
2289 UPRC III Building, Pasong Tamo Ext.
1231 Makati City, Philippines
6. Yoga Philippines -A life changing place where you will rejoice in every class, which is solemnly made to nourish the body, mind and spirit. A space that is transformed to achieve the warm feel of a home environment, to help you uncover the gift of yoga practice. A Center which is perfect for all who are searching for conventional and traditional learning for a very reasonable price
Address: Lot 19 Blk 20 Greenwich St Hillsborough, Alabang Village, Muntinlupa
7.Bliss Yoga – A sophisticated and serene studio has just arrived in the heart of Makati. Located in the Penthouse (28th Floor) of the Trident Tower, Bliss Yoga offers classes to help strengthen your body, soften your heart, and clarify your mind.
(My personal favorite!) I enrolled last week for their unlimited monthly. I think if you are someone without any YOGA BACKGROUND, this is the place to be. As the teachers are open in assisting new faces, giving modified poses and the place is just like a second home. The rooms don’t look like a dance studio, it’s like a large serene room. The students too are just full of spirit, eager to get committed and offer their session to their own causes. You only need to bring yourself since they offer towels, hand towels, yoga mat and water. They even have a cafe lounge that offers vegan and fresh fruit shakes, HEALTHY!
28/F of Trident Tower Penthouse
312 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue
Makati City, Manila
Direct Line: (63 2) 753 1954
Mobile: 0926 711 7462
It’s right at the back of RCBC Plaza… The green Tower…
8. Ekagratasala –New!!!
Ekāgratā Śālā is a home based yoga space in Ayala Alabang Village, Muntinlupa, Philippines.
Ekāgratā in Sanskrit means one-pointedness or concentration. And Śālā (shala) in Sanskrit means space or a place to learn in. In Filipino, Sala also means living room.
Ekāgratā Śālā offers a comfortable space for you to practice and focus on your yoga.
525 Country Club Dr. Ayala Alabang Village
Karen Sumcio [email@example.com]
9. Vinyasa Yoga Center *New!!!! –
*22nd floor Palm Garden Spa Strata 100 Bldg. Felix Ortigas Rd. Ortigas Center, Pasig City
+(63 2) 232-9189 / +(63 2) 637-9003
+63(915) 292-0989 / +63(920) 947-5915
10. SHAKTI YOGA – NEW!!!
280 Santo Domingo Subd. Mayapa Calamba City
Humana Wellness building, Santa Rosa Laguna
+639185539698/+6349 834 2446
Estrella Cor Amapola Streets Guadalupe Viejo, Metro Manila Philippines
Ms. Ina Sibug
2nd Floor Commerce Center
Commerce Ave., Filinvest
Muntinlupa City, Metro Manila
Tel No: +63-2-238-2768
Mobile No: +63-917-808-3957